Our specialist team
Our regulatory compliance team acts for clients in a wide range of matters involving alleged breaches of regulatory law.
We defend actions brought against clients by the Nursing Midwifery Council, Education Workforce Council, Welsh Language Commissioner, appeals to the Welsh Language Tribunal, OFSTED/ESTYN, and Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW).
Partner Fflur Jones is a leading voice on the Welsh Language Standards and regularly provides training and seminars on this topic, both in Welsh and English. Training sessions she has delivered on the Standards include housing association conferences and at other events and organisations.
Partner Kempton Rees is experienced in advising clients on dealing with regulatory authorities. This includes defending and offering pleas in mitigation in the Magistrates’ Court if those authorities decide to prosecute.
Why choose Darwin Gray?
Our team offers:
- pragmatic solutions
- expert legal advice
- a high-quality service
- responsiveness and reliability
- transparency and fair pricing
- a personal and friendly approach
With extensive experience in regulatory compliance matters, here are some examples of what our team can advise on:
- The Welsh Language Standards
- General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Advising Housing Associations on Housing Regulator investigations and whistleblowing complaints
- Driving and transport issues, including matter relating to VOSA regulations
- Product liability and recall
- Defending professional misconduct and capability hearings
- Doping within professional sports and regulatory citing and disciplinaries
- Regulatory matters relating to CSSIW
- Defend or prosecute under political party standing orders
- Drafting of new standing orders
- Handling claims relating to Education Workforce Council regulatory standards
- Defending or bringing claims under POVA/POVC regulations
- Regulatory matters relating to Natural Resources Wales/Environment Agency
- Advising on and representing parties involved in fitness to practice matters
- Advising on and dealing with University disciplinary matters
- Defending Health & Safety prosecutions
- Defending Trading Standards prosecutions
- Advising on issues concerning the Competition & Markets Authority
If you are interested in discussing our services, please contact: