Our specialist team
Darwin Gray's dedicated Social Housing team provides a high quality, professional and cost-effective service to our clients. We also offer a range of bespoke services including in-house training and consultancy services.
Described as “very knowledgeable and accessible” (Chambers), Stephen has extensive commercial experience in relation to transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, management buy outs and buy ins, joint ventures and business reorganisation and restructuring. He regularly delivers training both in-house and at sector conferences across the country on topics including procurement and data protection.
With an excellent reputation in the sector, Fflur provides advice on all aspects of employment law, with a specialism in discrimination law. Fflur has been described by clients as “pragmatic, assertive and a good listener” (Chambers) and regularly delivers training and talks on topics ranging from the Welsh language standards to sexual harassment, both in-house and as part of sector conferences.
Partner Damian Phillips and Solicitor Rachel Ford-Evans are also both experienced in advising housing associations on employment law and in relation to tenants. Damian regularly works on company policies, procedures, employee contracts, and service agreements, and has significant experience in advising senior executives on negotiating exits. Clients have described Damian as "clear, concise and factual in his presentation of advice” (Chambers).
Associate Kate Heaney and Solicitor Patrick Murphy strengthen the team further with their sector experience, regularly dealing with possession and demotion claims and civil injunction applications. Head of the Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) sub-team, Kate advises on housing management matters and ASB and has been described by clients as “responsive and approachable”. She has also been praised by clients for being “empathetic” and “professional yet caring”. Kate and Patrick are supported by paralegal Alexandra Paterson.
Why choose Darwin Gray?
Our Social Housing team is:
- passionate about the sector
- keen to offer a new and fresh approach
- committed to viewing every client as important
- dedicated to building partnerships with clients
Our team offers:
- reassuring experience
- a high-quality service
- expert and practical advice
- a personal and friendly approach
- transparency and fair pricing
- reliability and flexibility
- a bilingual service
- free assistance with queries
With extensive experience in a wide range of matters, here are some examples of what our team can advise on:
Our Bespoke Services
Here are just a few examples of the bespoke services that we offer, if you are looking for something specific please contact us:
- In-house training from our experienced team
- Training for board members, directors, employees, including on governance
- Advocacy service e.g. for your in-house anti-social behaviour, rent or maintenance teams
- Advice and assistance in dealing with Regulator inquire or investigation, including whistle-blowing complaints
- Consultancy services on projects which might include assistance to in-house teams
- Fixed or percentage fees
We are a commercial member of Community Housing Cymru.
If you are interested in discussing our services, please contact: