Taking place 21 May 2024 at the recently renovated Tŷ Gwyrddfai, in north Wales, the full-day conference will bring together the private, public and third sectors to encourage collaboration and share best practice in respect of good governance.
We will be hearing from leaders and experts across many sectors, who will be sharing their insights and guidance on the challenges and leading the way to good governance.
The conference will welcome delegates from all sectors in Wales, including the public, charitable and commercial sectors.
The conference will deal with the academic, professional and most importantly practical elements of good governance, drawing on a host of expert speakers who can guide delegates through many issues including:
– An overview of the governance landscape in Wales in 2024
– What will good governance look like in the future?
– The implications of getting governance wrong
– The importance of achieving equality and diversity on boards. What do excellent board recruitment practices look like?
– AI and governance – a threat and / or an opportunity?
– The Welsh language and its role on your Board
– Identifying and dealing with declarations and conflicts of interest
– A board’s relationship with its executive – getting the distinction between strategy and operations right
– What does good PR look like when times are tough for Board members and their organisations
– Corporate governance documents and training – why these essentials remain vital to ensure good governance