Our specialist team
Darwin Gray provides specialist advice and assistance on a wide range of intellectual property (IP) and also information technology (IT) issues.
We regularly act on behalf of clients seeking to exploit or protect their IP rights, including by way of registration or to prevent infringements. We are also regularly instructed to pursue or defend allegations of IP infringements.
Our team also advises on IP issues and branding specifically in a Franchising context.
In relation to IT, our Corporate and Commercial team advises on a broad range of contractual issues. In particular, we regularly advise clients in the e-commerce, education and life sciences sectors on data protection issues, including drafting bespoke data processing agreements and website and internet contracts. Our team has also acted for a significant number of clients in relation to disputes with IT providers.
The team is headed by partner Stephen Thompson and includes partners Donald Gray and Kempton Rees. Kempton has been described as "intellectual and erudite" and "invites praise for his exceptional service." (Chambers)
Why choose Darwin Gray?
Our team offers:
- expert legal advice
- a high-quality service
- a personal and friendly approach
- responsiveness and reliability
- transparency and fair pricing
We provide a full range of legal services in relation to Intellectual Property and IT, examples of which include:
- Registration of IP rights, both in the UK and Europe
- Liaising with selected patent attorneys in relation to:
- Patent and registered design registrations
- Valuing IP rights
- Advising on copyright
- Advising on database rights
- Sale and transfer of rights including trademarks and domain names
- IP disputes including in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court
- Challenging trademark registrations through the Intellectual Property Office
- Confidential information advice including preparation of non-disclosure & confidentiality agreements
- Software licences and advice
- Advising on data protection legislation and Freedom of Information requests
- Drafting data processing and data sharing agreements
If you are interested in discussing our services, please contact: