Our specialist team
Darwin Gray’s Commercial Property team acts for a broad spectrum of clients from business start-ups to national house builders and everything in between.
Our team has a wealth of experience across the commercial property field. Described by clients as "cost-effective, quick and sensible" (Chambers), we understand the key objectives of our clients’ businesses, which enables us to deliver tailored, clear, and pragmatic advice in a cost-effective way.
The team is headed by Donald Gray, who has over 25 years of experience in the field. According to Legal 500 Donald is “excellent; the value and response times are good, and advice is relevant.” He has been described by clients as "very easy to deal with, prompt, thorough and efficient" (Chambers).
The team is strengthened further by the expertise of Senior Associates Catherine Burke and Gareth Wedge. Catherine has been described by clients as "very helpful" and "always informed" (Chambers). Gareth is praised for his "ability to get a deal done within tight time constraints" (Chambers).
We have developed strong working relationships with local authorities, planners, construction professionals, and agents to deliver the ‘joined up thinking’ which is key to the success of development schemes in a challenging sector.
The team works closely with our Property Litigation, Corporate and Commercial and Social Housing teams, which allows us to provide our clients with a seamless service, whatever their commercial property needs.
Why choose Darwin Gray?
Our team offers:
- a high-quality service
- expert and practical advice
- fixed fees
- a personal and friendly approach
- reliability and flexibility
- transparency and fair pricing
- tailored advice
- a pragmatic solution-focused approach
Our two core areas of expertise include Development and Transactional work:
- Site Acquisition
- Options and Development Agreements
- Planning, Highways, and Infrastructure Agreements
- Regeneration Projects
- Pre-lets and Plot Disposals
- Energy, Mining and Mineral Projects
- Complex Site Assembly for Commercial and Residential Schemes
- Secured Lending
- Landlord and Tenant work
- Acquisitions and Disposals for Business Occupiers, Investors and Pension Funds
- Property Related Insolvency work
- Dealing with the Property aspects of Corporate Acquisitions, Disposals and Funding
If you are interested in discussing our services, please contact: